Saturday, December 27, 2008

Secret stash

Crazy lady has a fondness for frogs. She has done zero, zippo, nada work this month because of the pneumonia. Every hour of wakefulness has resulted in at least 6 hours of nap time. She is no fun, but slowly feeling better. This morning, she was more alert than usual, and was able to catch-up on her bills. The tax collector waits for no one... anyhow, she noticed that some of her stuffed frogs were missing from her desk. After a brief search, she found them in my secret stash...
She scowled and said "just keep them safe, Sugar-pie. It's nap time for mama."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dingo Maggie was used to being greeted when we came home. One day I had a ton of groceries and couldn't properly appologize to her for being gone from the den as we used to do when we got home. She had her own stuffed toys that she'd always rip to shreds, but knew my teddy bear was mine and not hers to play with or rip apart. But I ignored her demands that day I got home and put away cold food. When I was done, I went to find her to say hello, only to find her cuddled in her bed with my teddy bear, calmly cuddling next to it, knowing she shouldn't rip it apart. It was as if she said "I want to be next to Mom, but this is all i can get..." I was so impressed that she didn't go ape on my bear and rip it apart as she did with any stuffed toy. Maybe Sugar is a little lonely for your company and stashes your things to feel good!

Jen said...

so cute!