Thursday, March 19, 2009

The sun will always win

I am not a big fan of the cold. I love to play in the snow when it's light & fluffy; but I hate rocks and salt trapped in my paws during severe storms. Plus, snow men are evil creatures that MUST be destroyed at all times. You see, I prefer the sun. Crazy lady calls me a "heat seeking missile" and says I remind her of a cat. Shame, crazy lady, shame...do you want me to glare at you all day long? I am nothing like a cat. You will pay for your insult, witch.Okay, enough threats...earlier this week, we had a sunny day. I was bathing in the heat, lazy on the windowsill, and ignoring the world at large. A strange man entered the apartment to fix the brand new drier. Nice hole in exhaust tube, huh?Did I greet the man with a warning bark? Did I try to protect crazy lady? Did I even bother to get off the windowsill and explore the stranger who entered our sacred home? Those would have been my normal reactions to having a stranger knock on the door. But today, the sun was too precious. A storm was arriving by the end of the week. I had limited time to soak in the heat. I could care less about the repairman. I had my priorities, and SUN ALWAYS WINS.