Sunday, May 24, 2009

Baby Bambi

We ran into this newborn critter, during our early morning walk in the woods today:I wore my e-collar, and only required 1 small zap to return to crazy lady on the trail. She had no idea what I was "hunting" until I walked her back to the baby deer, for another look. As soon as she saw the deer, crazy lady warned me to "leave it," and she said "let's go." Darn it. The compulsion to obey was greater than my desire to hunt. I was really hoping for a morning snack. I whined and barked, but followed crazy lady on the trail. She said that she is very proud of my restraint-- and very happy that I was trained to avert disaster. Crazy lady still has flashbacks to my smiling, bloody face, the last time we ran into Bambi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what e-collar do you use Sugar? I'm shopping for one for Loki who blew me off to go bark at the water tank pumps that went off the other day. they needed to be barked at apparently more than he needed to obey his mom. She's already asked a few trainers...